Sunday, December 04, 2005

Disco and Basement Jam

A late start to the day, we finally got up at 1100 as we did a Disco last night. By the time we packed the gear away it was 0130 and we chilled out 'til 0245. It was a strange gig as no one appeared to want to dance until we played a request for The Music Man by Black Lace and then the dancefloor was full and it was 'cheese' for an hour. It's hard work setting up and for a four and a half hour gig which last night we started at 1630 picking the van up and finished at 0130. Nine hours work. Seriously need to look at the finances of running this 'hobby' as it is costing us money, but that's a decision for the New Year. Basement Jam tonight and we're really looking forward to meeting all the Bloggers and seeing Mikey, Rachel, Pete, Simon and Foy again. Got to get ready now. Will post later after the BJ.

1 comment:

Fleur de Bee said...

Hope you had a great time! Marietta wrote a beautiful blog about it and lovely photos. I spent 5 hours I didn't have trying to chat and watch but it was a mess...a royal one too!

I am a bit frazzled and worn out from it all and will be taking a break. Perhaps the loop will be up this week to watch sometime.

I could just shoot myself for not using my time more constructively! Hope it was worth it for you! Next time I am just going to fly over!

Take care hello to Mum Jill!