Friday, February 02, 2007

Rik Mayall & Me


Finally got round to meeting Rick Mayall. He's a very funny guy. I had two photos taken and then realised the camera was on the incorrect setting, hence the poor quality. When we posed for the first photo (the one here is the second) he said 'No snogging' which made me laugh. I have been a fan of Riks for years and have seen him in various shows over the years. He appeared in the film Drop Dead Fred and several comedy series. The most notable being Bottom and The Young Ones. I've just started reading his book 'The Rik Mayall, Bigger Than Hitler, Better Than Christ'.

4 comments:

Gary said...

I have the Young Ones DVD, they were hilarious, I liked Vivien, but Rik was hilarious too. I loved it when they went on University Challenge.

Hey, I'm still working on the tune. I haven't been happy with the guitars, but should have something really soon in the way of a backing track. I can post that on my web site and send you a link. Congrats on the photo, very cool. Love to Jill.

musicmikey said...

Nice one Mark, I've always loved Rick, he's a great actor and brilliant comedian. Thanks for sharing this picture, hope your ok mate. Take care and love to Jill.
mikey

Koos F said...

Sorry Mark, I'm just a Dutch cloggie who doesn't watch tv, so for me The Young Ones is a song by Cliff Richard and nothing or no-one else.
I see you are doing GarageBand too (like me), good for you! Can't wait to hear what you've done. Where do I find it?

Marietta Zervou said...

Yay! You've made it!!!
Did you give him my love?

Hope I meet him some time too.

All's well and quiet. La famiglia arrives soon.

Kisses to Jill.
xoxoxo
M